Duke4.net Forums: Blood: Fresh Supply - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood: Fresh Supply

User is offline   Kerr Avon 

View PostPhredreeke, on 26 August 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

...Sirlemonhead working on Powerslave...

That sounds interesting. Is there a thread or web-page about this, please?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Well, most of the discussion regarding it has taken place on Discord. I'll pass your question along to him though.

Remember this?
Spoiler

Well, I decided to get off my ass and run it in BloodFS 1.9.10 (released 5 Aug)

Posted Image

User is offline   VGA 

Does it work correctly?

What is your definition of work and correctly? It clearly does not display correctly. Does it affect gameplay? I don't think so.

User is offline   VGA 

I am on mobile and it is difficult to understand how it is supposed to look. But I see it doesn't look correct and it would surely take serious renderer work to fix it.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Mike Matei is terrible at video games. I don't know how people watch him (or James Rolfe) for 2 hours stumble through games.

Yeah, that was painful to watch, actually (or rather listen to since I tend to use YouTube for background noise, just like I did with TV long ago).

However, I wonder why some people are just too slow and clueless when they play such games. I mean, I haven't played Blood in my childhood since I had no PC back then, yet I didn't have too much troubles with basic things in the game when I played for the first time (when the game was released on GOG, DOS version).

Also, AVGN became really boring, but it's not surprising, you can feel that the man is fucking tired of video games.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 02 October 2019 - 07:05 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He doesn't even write his shit anymore. He sold Cinemassacre to Justin Silverman of Silvermania, and now Justin and his neckbeard friends write it, Rolfe is nothing more than an actor. It's terrible.

This post has been edited by Jim Rockford: 02 October 2019 - 07:08 PM

Well, that explains a lot, actually (even some of his preview pics on YouTube are shitty). What's funny is that he has no energy for most of the movies they discuss in some of Cinemassacre videos too, I'm talking about retail reviews which is boring, Rolfe tend to be silent quite a lot in those videos (that show is probably written by Silverman as well).

It feels like modern Simpsons except there were some interesting videos where you can see that AVGN himself enjoyed the work he likely himself has done (like that Dracula movies video, for example). What a shame.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Oh yeah dude, it's obvious he hasn't even watched half of these movies in 10 years, if it at all. Just pumping out shit content for those ad dollars. I unsubscribed a long time ago.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

The AVGN show is periodically still watchable, for example nowadays James kinda discovered some PC games from the 90s and that seemed to give him a second wind. The problem is that they just ran out of content and there is nothing more left to talk about really but it's a business that's feeding the family now so they have to keep going. It could be worse though, I mean just look at something like the Nostalgia Critic: that guy never seemed super smart but his schtick of "let's shit on all the shit movies" started to lose steam really quickly and now he's at a point where he has to shit on stuff like Pink Floyd's The Wall and it's just super embarrassing to watch. His videos are unimaginably bad, his jokes are terrible, his taste is gone and he never improved himself so even the "special effects" feel very dated while at least if you look at AVGN you can see that James got a lot better at the technical side of it all.

But of course then there are channels like RedLetterMedia too, I'm watching those guys since the Plinkett Reviews days and really they only get better with time (and I know that everyone says that it's the best channel on Youtube now but I don't think they are exaggarating, it really is).

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 02 October 2019 - 08:27 PM

When you have no energy or enthusiasm to do something, this something won't be really good quality-wise, this is the main problem when it comes to content creators in general, not "he ran out of things" or something else (there are shitton of things Rolfe could do, Famicom, SEGA, DOS libraries are fucking huge, hell, he could even do good games), I guess you could say in this particular case that he ran out of enthusiasm, energy and interest. This is what Cinemassacre is, you can see that Rolfe has no interest or energy most of the things he does (or participate in) with rare exceptions (that are the only things that are worth watching not in background) and I mentioned this already, even gave an example. It's very important to enjoy creating something. Jimmy nailed it when he said he's just an actor.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 02 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

On a side note this "we know that you're using an ad blocker so we'll advertise through the videos instead" shit is getting out of hand and this year's Monster Madness seems to be the prime example on that:

Wtf, the ad is there in the middle of the screen the whole time and there's even this "Geoff Keighley at the Game Awards" level cringe moment where the fat guy bumps into the sign.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I mean AVGN even reviewed Chex Quest. It's not a bad game. Why is he even playing that?

In fact, I have to agree with Bithead1000. A large majority of the games AVGN has done are not bad, especially in the context of their initial release. He just sucks at video games and his schtick is long past it's best by date.

He absolutely exaggerates sometimes. He's admitted as such for at least Castlevania 2 and Karate Kid. I'm sure there are more not bad games, since he's the type to call something crap if it requires thinking. I recall him complaining about Lester the Unlikely, which was decent, with some highly questionable design choices. Chex Quest isn't the first time he's done a not bad game. He's done most of the classic Castlevania games, LoZ II and Ninja Gaiden back in the classic period. Still, I feel like the point of AVGN isn't serious criticism, its James raging at crappy games from his childhood and sometimes hitting a lucky gem. With those weird RLM-wannabes that took over there's nothing like that. Yeah, I want to see Gilbert Gottfried and the Nerd play a PS4 game together. What's the point of that? Find out which one hates their choices in life more? And those movie reviews. What I enjoy most about seeing James Rolfe talk about a movie is hear other people talk over him while he mumbles something about finally doing it this time.
Back when I first saw RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst reviews, I hadn't seen anything else from them. When I finally finished watching a video I thought to myself, "Yeah, this is some good stuff". Watching one of James's hanger-ons videos and I didn't even think it was good background noise.

Btw, Mike's an asshole who posted pictures of his schlong on the Cinemassacre reddit because they were saying mean things about him. He once did a review of some Elmo movie and couldn't stop talking about the characters having sex. He also booted another member of the channel off for being better at video games than him. I wish all these things were jokes. I really wish they were.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Is nobody playing this in multiplayer anymore? :D Was gonna jump into a game just for fun and noticed the serverlist was completly empty. :o

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostTekedon, on 06 October 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

Is nobody playing this in multiplayer anymore? :D Was gonna jump into a game just for fun and noticed the serverlist was completly empty. :o

I assume everyone is playing single-player
Posted Image

I would think people playing Blood multiplayer aren't interested in Fresh Supply's approximation of it.

Guys, Fresh Supply is a good port, honestly!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'm never spending my money on retro re-releases just to be "supportive" ever again.

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 25 November 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

I'm never spending my money on retro re-releases just to be "supportive" ever again.

I only bought Fresh Supply to have the files to play on NBlood, i don't own the original version and FS was on sale so i said, what the hell :lol:

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 25 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I had to go through this thread again to find out that they just stopped updating this and kaiser even said to use NBlood? What a fucking embarrassment.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Yeah, he pretty much gave up on it. Really sad and poor he isn't even trying to get this fixed. Guess he bit off more he could chew this time.

In the BuildGDX Discord someone brought up DukeGDX lagging while using security monitors. That made me think of a Blood map having a security monitor of sorts. After testing I realised it was unaffected because it works in a completely different way (using portals instead of rendering to texture)

Then I got an idea, how does the best port handle with it.

This is just one part of it, it's possibly the most broken map I've tested in FS. On my GPD Win the framerate dropped to 3 fps as it loaded (it runs fine on BloodGDX on the same device), you can't actually climb up the vents in the map (I used noclip to get into the office for this recording) and there's a constant banging noise in the level.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

We should have a mapping competition: "Who can break FS the most?"

Seriously, just stack up all the glitches and weird quirks into one map. Perhaps have it still be playable, and purposely Lovecraftian in a way. I don't know. I'd do it if I had the time and skills.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I think by now we all know that we should stay away from FS. Especially if even its author tells you to do do.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I think going with the Kex engine was a silly endeavor altogether.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Kashgrab

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options