Duke4.net Forums: GRP auto-detection problem - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GRP auto-detection problem  "While trying to run the game without GRP file"

User is offline   Sanek 

Have a TC that runs as a standalone game, so it don't need a Duke3D grp file in the folder.
However, for some reason it finds the only existing Duke3D grp file, the one that comes with World Tour edition. It really shouldn't run with this GRP file.

I'm using the aug 2017 eduke snapshot, and have this issue while running the game on Win10, with WT installed.
Is there any explanation for this? Is there a way to solve the issue?

User is online   Ninety-Six 

eDuke doesn't detect custom GRPs as far as I can tell. Not normally, at least. The only way I know around this is by running the TC with a batch file. I think -gNAME.GRP is the command, and -xNAME.CON for custom con files. And then just select the Duke 3D grp; I think it gets ignored.

There's a -j command but I'm not entirely sure what that does...

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 11 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostNinety-Six, on 11 February 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

eDuke doesn't detect custom GRPs as far as I can tell. Not normally, at least. The only way I know around this is by running the TC with a batch file. I think -grpNAME.GRP is the command, and -jNAME.CON for custom con files.

I don't have a GRP file at all. All the data comes from a separate DATA folder.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

then try using a batch with the parameters "EDuke32.exe -game_dir DATA" or whatever you called the folder (plus including any cons you have). I'm assuming this folder is in the same directory as your EDuke. And then just select the Duke 3D GRP and see what happens. If it doesn't work, try condensing DATA into a GRP file? I dunno at that point, sorry.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 11 February 2019 - 01:09 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Hard drive space these days is cheap and plentiful. I install every TC or mod in it's own folder. No WT, no Steam, no Dukeplus, etc combined in the folder.
It makes for a clutter of shortcuts on the desktop but saves the frustration of problems like this.

This post has been edited by Mark: 11 February 2019 - 05:41 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options