Duke4.net Forums: LIZTROOP ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LIZTROOP !  "Demo project"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Hello everyone and great dudes ! Here is finally a small preview of my project, with variantions of my favorite enemy. PS: also i changed the intro / HUD menu.

:lol:

This thread will be my second main, onlyy for videos and fixed issues. I should have had two sons for a long time, but I often forget myself lol. My first and real thread will be only to declare my coding problems and the requested help. :)

Good listening !

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 20 January 2019 - 06:09 AM

User is offline   Mark 

It looks like there are projectiles firing from the player's head. What are those?

No ! This is the "super Liztroop" that I created. His weapon is an Expander. The quick effect of the projectile is totally wanted.

User is offline   Mark 

It looks like the projectile is heading towards the enemy, not coming at the player.

This is however not the case. When the player also uses this weapon, the projectile appears directly on his target.

User is offline   Mark 

OK. I thought your video was about the liztrooper. You didn't mention the player had a new weapon too. It looks like he only has a shotgun.

Yes! The terrifying Liztroop has an Expander. I often choose the Shotgun because I love to use it on the spatial vermin. I have not coded new weapons for my pack yet.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 21 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

Good news! The unused and unfinished proto-boss "Dummyduke" is fixed! :)

New video soon.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 28 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

It's cool I guess, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Did you just re-art the liztroops and hook up there ai? As others have said, those projectiles are really off.

You tell me that the projectile Super Liztroop is strange? It is exactly something wanted. He fires projectiles from the expander.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 28 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

I just called my project "LIZTROOP" because the idea of ​​coding with Eduke32 came with these first monsters. They gave me inspiration and the desire to continue. It is true that this thread can be confusing. I posted a first test video for modified Liztroop and currently, I have proposed the two monsters of Duke Xtreme, as well as the prototype of Dummyduke that I will posted soon.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 28 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

Liztroop "cstat blocking" of the SUFFERDEAD action is fixed.

Shadow monsters code must be improved.

King Cobra, Captain Gorilla and Dummyduke is fixed.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Mark, on 21 January 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

OK. I thought your video was about the liztrooper. You didn't mention the player had a new weapon too. It looks like he only has a shotgun.

The player doesn't have a new weapon. Have you never shot the expander? It creates a spark on it's target. That's what's happening here, except the the trooper is shooting the player. Nothing special going on here, the sparks are "moving away" from the player, the player is moving around, the sparks are stationary.

User is offline   Mark 

You are correct. I've never used the expander or any alt-fire. The player quite clearly is using the shotgun in the video and it quite clearly looks like the expander projectile is moving away from the player too so I assumed you can't fire 2 weapons at once so something was wrong in the video. You say it was the optical illusion from the player moving away from the stationary spark? OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

This post has been edited by Mark: 06 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Another thing I could have done is a new "defineprojectile" for this Liztroop, based on the same model of the expander and with a projectile visible with a high speed.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 06 February 2019 - 09:57 AM

Next enemies to improve: the BOSS2 of Caribbean and those of Nuclear.

News enemy added:

Octabrain PSX
Battlelord Sentry PSX
Boss2 PSX
Assault Commander PSX

The octabrain will shoot radius shrunked projectiles, will be faster and its bite will do more damage.

The Battlelord Sentry will be faster and smaller than the basic one. He will sometimes shoot RPGs in addition to mortars and chaingun.

The Boss2, will be faster and sometimes shoot Firelaser. He will also shoot RPGs, but with searchers.

he assault commander will be just a variation.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 11 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Your project keeps growing and growing. When are you going to consider it finished? :)

Hard to say. I must first correct a lot of problems. Those who are posted in my main thread.

I must finish fixing also the enemies of Nuclear.

News video, news enemy :)

Octabrain (PSX)

BOSS1 (PSX) (renamed in "Mini-Battlelord)
+
BOSS2 (PSX) (renamed in "Mini-Cycloid)

another versions of the normal mini-boss.

I will soon be working on the Firefly Trooper and Boos5 because they are the only ones that are not fixed.

FIREFLY (CON file) is partially FIXED ! :)

FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :D

what is repaired:

01. All the code has been done entirely, based on that of the Liztroop. The two codes of the two monsters were mixed and it was anything.
02. State "sufferingstate" (slow death in agony) works very well. Tiles almost nonexistent.
03. Unused tiles (5241 and 5242) when seated (ONTOILET / JUSTSIT) is fixed !
04. The action "DUCKING" and the action "SHOOT" work very well. Possibility to use the Firefly directly with these actions and mate from time to time to attack.
05. The Firefly now has two different dead (with also that of agony). Either she dies in a classic way (like any monster), or she dies while exploding (by changing her PAL).
06. She can also teleport. This is optional and the Firefly does not use "PAL 21" in WT.
07. The sound of the flamethrower stopped for any death. Small bug fixed.

What is missing and what to do:

01. The animation "FRAMESEFFECT" when it flies. Shrinking and stationary flies !
02. Ammunition released (to be added with what? With the ... FLAMETHROWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER !!!!!!!! :D
03. what else ? YES OF COURSE ! The PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJECTILES !!!! :lol:

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 20 February 2019 - 04:25 AM

Official demo soon finished. I will post it on this thread.

Demo finished and soon available on this thread.
I will also post the content of my work with all the necessary files.

DEF files
CON files
Textures files
Sounds files

Death code for the LIZMAN FEEDING is fixed + shadow code testing.

Hello !

Here is finally the demo.

Good viewing !

:lol:

https://youtu.be/b7VqxSJkzko

Hello !

Here is my project with all the necessary files. All this work has been done with this stable version of EDuke32:

EDuke32 r6775
Built Mar 16 2018 23:47:21, GCC 7.2.0, 64-bit

If you ever use a newer version (the 4th of April), know that there are 11 tiles that are not recognized for a more or less obvious reason. The size of these images are surely too big? I do not know !

In any case, enjoy this pack and have fun!

Of course do not forget to do tests with your EDuke32 versions and ESPECIALLY, report me problems or bugs. Thank you !

Let's go! :lol:

https://we.tl/t-UJ1bt6qq6m

New link without GRP file.

https://we.tl/t-za5bmHFmsG

User is offline   Mark 

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: shame.jpg

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options