Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX with DualShock 4 controller - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX with DualShock 4 controller

User is offline   J432 

I have tried to use DualShock 4 with BloodGDX and here is my experience that could be useful for somebody with the same controller. There is no native support for DualShock in BloodGDX 0.794 (it is detected but does not work correctly), but there are DualShock to Xbox controller wrappers available that can help. I choose DS4Window and it works well with few tweaks. In DS4Windows settings should be enabled "Hide DS4 Controller" or the game detects DualShock as two controllers. Also there is need to increase L2 and R2 triggers sensitivity, without it pressing of these buttons is not always detected (1.5 value worked fine for me and there is DS4Windows 1.4.53 build that can increase it even more). Otherwise it works well - I used default bindings for all buttons in DS4Windows and configured gamepad as I liked in Blood GDX settings where it was detected as Xbox 360 for Windows.

This post has been edited by J432: 09 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

The DS4Windows app you posted is no longer in development. However it has been continued here:
https://github.com/R...indows/releases

User is offline   J432 

View PostXxMiltenXx, on 10 October 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

The DS4Windows app you posted is no longer in development. However it has been continued here:
https://github.com/R...indows/releases

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the latest version and run it with the game. It detects two controllers and does not work properly even if I have "Hide DS4 Controller" checked so I went back to older version. Such problems are reason I think that best solution would be native support for DualShock in BloodGDX.

I use Steam to launch BloodGDX and the controller is detected as an Xbox controller. No fiddling around like with DS4Windows, it just works.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options