Duke4.net Forums: Severeal questions about Duke Nukem 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Severeal questions about Duke Nukem 3D

User is offline   LakiSoft 

I always wondered some Duke3D related stuff:

1. Is there any evidence what unused\secret rooms in E2L2: Incubator and E3L5: Movie Set originally meant to be or used for?

2.Have original Levelord's Shop-N-Bag and Pig Sty levels are available to download? I guess not.. but i am just asking... Because Swewrs and Sweeney can be download...

3.I know there was some kind of "v1.51" or "v1.6" patch for original Duke Nukem 3D by 3D Realms, but according to its text file it was supposted upgrade v1.5 even more to v1.51\v1.6 and add an PC SPEAKER\BUZZER support. However when i tried to patch my v1.5 it didn't worked then i realized it was FAKE "v1.4 to v1.5 patch" renamed as "v1.5 to v1.6 patch" This is obiously a joke, but i still don't get why SAME TEXT FILES STATES IT IS MADE BY 3D REALMS, so even if it's a joke (or not), is there any evidence that Duke Nukem 3D was going to feautre PC Speaker support at one point? Is this all real joke or there is some real evidence and stuff in it?

4. Aside from LameDuke. 0.99, v1.0, v1.1, v1.1+ (one level demo which is actually v1.2), v1.3Dsw, v1.3Dregistered, v1.4, v1.5 is there any other version of Duke Nukem 3D available? No, i don't mean about BETAZ, i know there is trouble with BETAS due the legality and Gearbox stuff and i don't want to talk about this, i only want to point out and ask is there any other available version other than those i mentioned above? I did also heard of v1.7 or v1.7D patch which includes Duke It Out D.C. as 5th episode and removes PLAY ON TEN screen while exiting the game? Does this patch really exist and it can be downloaded?

Thank you.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Apparently 3DR was working on a patch for Duke 3D 1.5 which was supposed to add in things like voxel support and ROR, like with Shadow Warrior, however they never got around to releasing it.

User is offline   FistMarine 

As Micky C said, there was supposed to be a patch for Duke3D 1.5 that added Voxels and ROR.

Speaking of 1.7 patch, I could never find the version that added Duke DC as 5th episode, while removing the PLAY ON TEN option. All I could ever find online related to this was some pirated version of Atomic Edition that contained all Duke3D addons (DC, Caribbean, NW, Duke Zone 2, etc) and run with an early JFDuke3D port with each game/expansion set up with a shortcut, while if you ran the included DUKE3D.EXE you would get Duke DC replacing L.A. Meltdown, while L.A. Meltdown replacing Lunar Apocalypse and the ammo amounts were also modified, such as 222 ammo for pistol, 68 for shotgun, 444 for chaingun, etc. So you needed to run "Play Atomic Edition" shortcut to be able to play all 4 original episodes but even then you would still get modified ammo amounts.

Another related version I could find online was a modified Atomic Edition 1.7d but it doesn't seem to add Duke DC or remove any Play on Ten option in menu or screen when you exit the game. Instead seems to do the following three things:
-Changes the startup screen (see screenshot below)
-Changes CREDITS text in main menu to MEMBERS
-Removes the DOS end screen

Here's a screenshot to the unofficial 1.7d version:
[attachment=13129:duke3d_17d.png]

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 31 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostRunningDuke, on 31 May 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

Another related version I could find online was a modified Atomic Edition 1.7d but it doesn't seem to add Duke DC or remove any Play on Ten option in menu or screen when you exit the game. Instead seems to do the following three things:
-Changes the startup screen (see screenshot below)
-Changes CREDITS text in main menu to MEMBERS
-Removes the DOS end screen

Here's a screenshot to the unofficial 1.7d version:
Attachment duke3d_17d.png

Yeah, that's just some hex edited bullshit.

User is offline   LakiSoft 

@Micky C Thank you! Although i heard for some kind of v1.5+ which supposted to have some Shadow Warrior features like true room over room, 3D Water, etc.. I still don't get that was that PC Speaker v1.6 patch about... I also forgot to mention that v1.6 patch (probably fake) also mentions that it can load Duke in Unreal, Quake, and several other engines using Batch command line parameter.. Seriously, i didn't expected to believe that, but i did bit wanted to believe about PC Buzzer Support.

@TerminX Thanks for answer. Yeah probably hex editing shit v1.7D is... However i could some same shit without any knowledge of hex editing but with Notepad++ just editing DUKE3D.EXE's strings\texts.

@RunningDuke Thank you for your detailed answer. Yeah as TerminX said, that v1.7D is probably Hex editing bullshit, but that other v1.7 which adds Duke DC as 5th Episode sounds more interesting. And yes i did tried that weird version so called "Duke Nukem 3D v1.999" that have ammo amounts like you mentioned and it has Duke DC as first episode and it uses JFDuke 2004 (i think) as a main EXE.

I wonder what other interesting unofficial weird version we could found...

User is offline   NNC 

In one DNF pre-release podcast Allen Blum said he made maps with advanced features on Duke back in 1997 before DNF took off. I'm really wondering if they are still available.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options