Duke4.net Forums: Questions for Yatta @ "event" - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions for Yatta @ "event"  "What questions do you want answered?"

User is offline   ferran275 

Was going to make this a poll, but I know a lot of you have questions I can't even think of, so in addition to emailing Yatta, lets put our most burning questions here!

Here are my most important questions:

1: special edition, is it coming, and what will it be? of all my questions this is the most burning one I have :(

2: going along with the special edition, I'm also wondering about merchandising, will there possibly be a Duke Nukem themed PS3 or XBOX console? like they do for Halo and other popular titles.

3: DLC, is any planned and if there is, is it original, or an add-on to the story from 14 years ago?

4: PC Specs, when are we going to get specific details on this?

This post has been edited by ferran275: 01 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

User is offline   randir14 

-When can we expect a demo and will it be single or multiplayer?

-Will there be another trailer before release?

-What does Gearbox think of the negative reaction to the box art?

-Will future Duke games involve 3DR \ Triptych?

-Any plans for 3DS or NGP Duke games?

This post has been edited by randir14: 01 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

User is offline   z0mb1e 

What about multiplayer? Modes, maximum players, etc

Will there be any more references to classic DN3D maps like the stadium?

Will there be dedicated servers for at least the PC version?

Will a map editor/mod tools be released alongside the game? If so, how about with the demo to give us some more fun?

Will there be a multiplayer demo? or just singleplayer?

This post has been edited by z0mb1e: 01 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

View Postrandir14, on Feb 1 2011, 05:06 PM, said:

-What does Gearbox think of the negative reaction to the box art?

GOOD ONE

:(

User is offline   L2theKING 

- Can we expect a collector edition for the releace?

- Will there be a way to swap the new Duke ingame model for the old 2007 3DRealms version?

- Will they include DukeED engine with the retail version of the game!

- Will they be willing to let third party studios works on Duke Nukem License like 3DRealms/Apogee where doing back in time they where the owners of the Duke's franchise?

- Randy, could you try to convince George to make a Shadow Warrior sequel?

- Any plans for collectors stuff like actions figures or statues?

- WTF happened with Duke Nukem Trilogy? (@Yatta, if u dare to ask this one! you've got balls of steel)

- Can we NOT have a collector's edition and DLC and just have one version like normal people without milking the shit out of it?
- Will there be an editor released and how moddable will the game be?
- Will the pc version suffer any limitations due to consoles?
- If the game happens to suck very bad, can I return the game and get back the 14 years that I've spent waiting for it?
- Did they give up on the 2 weapons only mechanic?
- If the 2 weapons mechanic manages to piss off the old Duke 3D fans, can he tell you where George Broussard's house address is?

- Aww and in case he answers the above question, please ask him if he has any knowledge on how much does a 50 cal rifle cost these days in the back market!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 01 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Can gamers, able to proof that they actually waited for fourteen years, have the game for free?

I just hope this is grammatically correct, if not, just have a beer with Gearbox. :(

-Can you PLEASE, for the Gearbox forum's sake, give the reasons for keeping the EGO meter and 2-Gun system? Seriously, alot of us getting sick of people whining about it over here.

-Can you sort of explain the EGO system in more detail? We know it regenerates, that you have critical health if the EGO is deflated, and that the bar is increased by playing with the environment. But is there anything else you wish to divulge regarding the system at this time?

-What level was your favorite when you played through the game yourself? As in just number, no spoilers please. (This is meant at someone like Randy if you get the chance.)

-How many levels are there? Low 30s, late 20s? Infinity + 1?

-Is there a satisfying crunch sound when you kill an enemy with melee/the Mighty Boot which is now a finisher?

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 01 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostHank, on Feb 1 2011, 07:18 PM, said:

Can gamers, able to proof that they actually waited for fourteen years, have the game for free?

I just hope this is grammatically correct, if not, just have a beer with Gearbox. :(

I don't want it for free, I have no problem paying for it, but it would be nice to get SOME kind of recognition for being a super uber nerd waiting for 14 long years, like a letter of apology signed by the Duke himself (keep dreaming :D )

User is offline   Hank 

I was kidding!
But I'll take a signed Box from Duke, even though I have a hope in hell to prove anything. :(

1. Which version of Grabbag will be in DNF?

2. What Duke's real Age is.

3. What are the PC Specs for the Game?

4. Is Gus still in the Game?

User is offline   locarno 

First off, congratulations Yatta! I'm very excited for and jealous of you for being able to go to this event. That's awesome that whoever invited you to this event (I'm assuming Gearbox but who knows) is letting a fan from such a huge die-hard Duke community attend this special time in history. Anyways, to the questions:

-- When will DNF demo be released to FAC and general public? (probably most requested question)

-- Will a Special/Collector's/Nuclear/Atomic/Plutonium Edition be released? If so, what are the contents and price?

-- What are the PC specs?

User is offline   randir14 

View PostL2theKING, on Feb 1 2011, 05:47 PM, said:

- Any plans for collectors stuff like actions figures or statues?

I don't know about statues, but NECA is making a Duke action figure. They even asked fans on their Twitter what accessories they think Duke should have.

User is offline   Sharpie 

Just a couple of questions on my mind in particular :(

* Special Edition information is a must
* PC Specs
* Continued Support for DNF - DLC?
* Future of The Franchise
* I'm assuming this a multi-player event so ask all the multi-player questions you can think of
* Not for me but for alot of other people; is Bombshell still in the game?
* During development of DNF what work was 3D Realms/Triptych and Gearbox's?
* Have you finally made a decision about MOD Tools yet?
* Will some form of thorough documentary be made about Duke Nukem Forever's development?

User is offline   ChrisR91 

Congratulations Yatta, hope you have an exciting time previewing our beloved game.

Now for Questions I think should you ask of Gearbox:

-Due to the lengthy development time, have you, Triptych, and/or 3DRealms squashed multiple bugs and tested on current generation hardware in order to achieve this end?

-Will there be any Aliens: Colonial Marines teasers of some sort?

-As mentioned PC Specifications.

-Co-op plans?

User is offline   Stabs 

whats the deal with those red gloves?

why on earth did they drop those cool ripped and tattered rock n roll gloves

and dx11 and phsyx support too

This post has been edited by DanM: 01 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Why doesn't Pitchford post in his on own forums and speaks with his own future customers?

No seriously, the most important ones are these for me:

1. Dedicated Server for multiplayer on PC platform? If not, why on earth did they decide to do p2p multiplaying? If yes, for which platforms? Linux aswell? If not, why not for Linux server side?
2. Level/Map Editor for PC platform? Will it be released with the game? Hold back because of 2K/DLCs? Never released at all?
3. Menu Options for PC platform: FOV/Mouse Sensibility? Ingame Dev-Console? CVAR Settings possible?
4. Demo Version contents: only Multiplayer or Singleplayer aswell? Demo also for PC platform (Bulletstorm had no PC demo for example)?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Thank you for all the kind words guys and keep posting great questions. I'm going to compile a list to take with me and a lot of your questions will be on it! In fact, I'm going to try to have as long of an interview as I can. So keep 'em coming! :(

User is offline   Kathy 

Who's making music in DNF?
Will they use licenced music?

User is offline   petrus 

What's with the quake (E3 1998) and unreal engine (E3 2001) assets?

Did Gearbox receive those files/builds in the transition?
Will they ever be released to the community?
(like Lame Duke on the first anniversary of DN3D)

I must confess that i prefer the first two trailers over the current one.

Also, first post!

Will it have any townz?

User is offline   nino76 

Minimum and recommended system requirements for Duke Nukem Forever

View Postferran275, on Feb 1 2011, 07:55 PM, said:

a letter of apology signed by the Duke himself (keep dreaming :( )

Duke offers apology to nobody!

User is offline   Raziel 

I just have two questions:
1) Were they able to get it so the game isn't censored in Australia?
2) What kind of DRM protection will they be using for the game?

4 questions:

1) How interactive is the game?
2) Is it still a major part of the gameplay?
3) Is the console version going to be the same as the PC version with no major differances?
4) Will the final game be censored?

User is offline   BugsBunny 

1. What will be the contents of the Special/Collector's Edition ?

2. With all the controversy regarding the 2 weapon system, will all weapons be enabled in the PC version or all versions ?

3. Will there be any SDK that will be shipped with the game so that modders can do something with the game in the PC version ?

4. Will there be any DLC for DNF in near future, and if so, will such DLCs integrate within the main story or have seperate campaigns by itself. Will the DLCs be for all platforms or console only ?

5. Who is making the new theme for DNF and when will a new launch trailer be released with the new theme for the public ?

6. What is the official cencorship ratings for the game in Australia and Germany ?

Thanks Yatta.

User is offline   Stewox 

Please no wide and generalized questions , stuff like "how interactive" this is content and you won't get an answer since it's spoilers
Also the final game will not be censored , this is a weird question, that depends on your country local laws , developers have no word on it.

First of all i like to thank the whole Duke4.net team and especially Yatta for actually running the site so long and finally we see a turn of events we never expected for years of waiting has paid off , and this was a struggle , that Duke4.net will be exclusive is very nice , i think gearbox has to actually realize Duke4.net since they didn't gave any information here directly, they used commercial gaming journalism which pays them a lot of cash for exclusivity.

My questions:

Because there's 2 weapon limit for singleplayer , will we have classic dukematch mode (weapon wheel) in multiplayer ?

We'll be allowed at least for 32 or more slot servers on PC ?

Will PC mod tools be released on time along with the game , or post release with a patch ?

Will there be a developer mode (and various command line options) and dev's ingame command console available for advanced users ?
Command Line options we wish[these are shortcut commands before the application starts]: no_sfx , no_sound [launches the game without sound system if a user has problem with sound driver/crash] , dev_mode , mod "mod path/filename" , map "map_name" , windowed [not full screen] , no_movies , no_intro , script_debugger , log_diagnostic_output [those are only examples , don't need to be named exactly]

Will the PC have full and free patches(content and fixes regardless of console platform DLC release timeframes) or we will be forced to buy crippled patches (aka "PC DLC") for PC ?

Will there be native mod and map support , specific folders to put our modification , so we don't have to open up and edit the core files , like in older games which didn't had native custom mod/map folder/menu/launcher support. ?

Will there be good optimizations for Windows 7 and quad-core CPUs , multithreading and pure RAM support [the game would detect no pagefile/virtual memory is present , an windows option that is enabled by default , it may end up even faster if the game knows only fast DDR physical memory is used and thus a different memory management algorithm kicks in] ?
Almost all Engines are built around pagefile and none of them has pure RAM support , they all detect pagefile/virtual memory even if it's disabled and report wrong virtual memory outputs in various logs and crash reports.

Not only new content and fixes, but if there are not a lot of bugs to fix in DNF after release , will there be post release support for high-end optimization and engine tweaks and upgrades for potential new features and options/commands and thus better experience for advanced users?

Will DNF have high-quality (not heavily compressed) advanced OPENAL sorround sound support for the newest windows 7 dedicated audio cards (5.1 / 7.1) for ultimate fidelity on sorround speaker sets ? (EAX is bad and old , it's not WIN7 , and it's proprietary)

Will console versions have split screen (2 or more players on same console) , the standard that's been so forgotten.

This post has been edited by Stewox: 02 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Postpetrus, on Feb 2 2011, 08:50 AM, said:

What's with the quake (E3 1998) and unreal engine (E3 2001) assets?

Did Gearbox receive those files/builds in the transition?
Will they ever be released to the community?
(like Lame Duke on the first anniversary of DN3D)

For me as well the most important question is if any new media of the old builds will be made available to the public, in a special edition of the game or otherwise.
I'm betting against it (because it was early 3DR era DNF) and I don't even know if Gearbox want to discuss old stuff when promoting their version of the game, but I'd still like you to have a go at it.

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 2 2011, 02:59 PM, said:

For me as well the most important question is if any new media of the old builds will be made available to the public, in a special edition of the game or otherwise.
I'm betting against it (because it was early 3DR era DNF) and I don't even know if Gearbox want to discuss old stuff when promoting their version of the game, but I'd still like you to have a go at it.

George doesn't want to release it , particularly becuase trailer was a hacked one , and the game is basically a lot less from playable.

Stewox the only reason I ask about interactivity, is because I fear its limited, as in the trailer there was hardly any shown.

So it isn't a spoiler to ask: Is interactivity still a main component of the game.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options