Duke4.net Forums: So a collectors edition? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So a collectors edition?  "For sure buy"

If there is a collectors edition (and why wouldnt there be?) What would you think would be included? What would you want included? I would want that sweet ass Duke contoller at the end of the trailer...but thats just me

User is offline   Raziel 

I hope it will include a Duke branded vibrator... why not?

User is offline   Raziel 

By the way, that wasn't a joke... I think it'd be hilarious. They have to include something like that!

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostRaziel, on Jan 22 2011, 10:01 PM, said:

Um... no...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostRaziel, on Jan 22 2011, 09:31 PM, said:

I'd certainly consider that strange when taking into account that 99.9% of the people who'll buy the collector's edition will be guys.

User is offline   Trent 

Surely a fleshlight would be more appropriate? :(

This post has been edited by Trent: 25 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostTrent, on Jan 25 2011, 03:36 AM, said:

Surely a fleshlight would be more appropriate? :(

No no no... the point isn't to have something you can use, but something you can display just because it would be so funny. Can you imagine having a vibrator on display with the Duke Nukem symbol at the bottom. It would be hilarious. It would pretty much be saying that Duke even has his own vibrator line of toys.

That was my thinking. I'm actually serious about this, in fact, I'm pretty sure I posted about this in an earlier thread when I mentioned my ideal collector's edition. One of the things was something really silly, for example a Duke branded vibrator which you'd just display. (or give to your g/f)

Just my two cents.

User is offline   K100 

Posted Image

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostK100, on Feb 10 2011, 10:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

Whoa, where'd that come from?

View PostYatta, on Feb 10 2011, 08:01 PM, said:

Whoa, where'd that come from?

WOHHAAA...but the damn cover art. ;)

User is offline   K100 

It's from the official facebook page of a french videos games store.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182...113229745381255

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Very nice! At least the cover is of the superior Euro box art instead.

User is offline   Iggy 

I'm waiting for an answer from 2K if this is real or not. If so then 2K is about to deliver the most epic collector's edition I've ever seen.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostK100, on Feb 10 2011, 05:16 PM, said:

It's from the official facebook page of a french videos games store.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182...113229745381255

I thought you did it on photoshop. ;)
We'll see...

This post has been edited by LkMax: 10 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I want it badly. I'll buy 2 copies, one to open and the other to keep it sealed.

User is offline   ferran275 

I really don't see how this could be a fake, if it is, its truly an amazing one. I'm assuming its part of the next media blitz which is tomorrow and one company jumped the gun a little early, I dunno, but whatever it is, that is truly the best looking special edition I've ever seen

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 10 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for the big version Mr. Green ;)

User is offline   Rehbock 

fake :3

a] if there really were a collector edition it would be already on amazon to preorder. i doubt gearbox nor 2k would hold it back. release is in less then 3 months.

B] there is no need of a b.

c] nor of a c.

This post has been edited by Rehbock: 10 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostRehbock, on Feb 10 2011, 04:23 PM, said:

fake :3

a] if there really were a collector edition it would be already on amazon to preorder. i doubt gearbox nor 2k would hold it back. release is in less then 3 months.

B] there is no need of a b.

c] nor of a c.

LOL

I really think what happened (if it's real) is that GearBox sent out the image and info to all the gaming sites and told them release was tomorrow and to wait, one site jumped the gun, and seeing as they are FRENCH!!! I see that as possible ;)

User is offline   Tecman 

Please take note of the "...of 2000" on the certificate. Ultra-rare edition?

2000 yes. I hope there are some for europe left! I will so get one of those! I'm one of the 2000 biggest fans! I deserve it to give them my money! ;)

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Feb 11 2011, 12:36 AM, said:

2000 yes. I hope there are some for europe left! I will so get one of those! I'm one of the 2000 biggest fans! I deserve it to give them my money! ;)

Win!

• The Sarien Encounter

So it's definitely a shop but that doesn't mean it's not an official mockup.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Feb 10 2011, 06:12 PM, said:

So it's definitely a shop but that doesn't mean it's not an official mockup.

true, and now that we're all nit picking the image apart I'm noticing the bust of Duke looks kinda funky, like its not a product that exists yet, just something created from another image.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It can't be official if it's a fake.

It is indeed a photoshop thing but that's how all CE photos look like. They don't gather all the stuff and take a picture of it.

To add to it's legitimacy, you can see the bust has been taken with a photo camera upon further inspection.

The post cards have images of Duke that don't have a clean source that I know of. All the versions that I've seen are either from PAX or events with photo cameras.

I really don't like the "1 of 2.000" is THIS REALLY GOING TO HAVE ONLY 2.000 COPIES???

View PostDavoX, on Feb 11 2011, 09:34 AM, said:

I want it badly. I'll buy 2 copies, one to open and the other to keep it sealed.

Why not buy 1 copy, put the box to the side and pretend there is stuff inside it. Save you $$$

Its a mock up, thats for sure. Doesnt mean its not real, but the elements of the picture look photoshoped together, the angles are all wrong.

• The Sarien Encounter

It can totally be official and be fake at the same time. It's not a real photo. That means it's fake. That doesn't mean it's unofficial.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Feb 10 2011, 06:30 PM, said:

It can totally be official and be fake at the same time. It's not a real photo. That means it's fake. That doesn't mean it's unofficial.

wait... wut? ;)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options