Duke4.net Forums: More DNF info coming at the end of January/early February - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More DNF info coming at the end of January/early February

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

The newest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly(February 2011) hit my mailbox today. It features a great article/interview with Randy.

The best part-he says (Bold underline for most important part)

"The game is absolutely coming in 2011 and in late January or early February we're going to be peeling back the next layer of the game, so to speak. And that will make a lot more things clear not just about the game itself, but about its launch.

There you go!

My guess?

The trailer with the release date attached to the end.

This post has been edited by kaisersoze: 06 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

Well, holy shit!

I didn't expect that....

:P

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostZor, on Jan 6 2011, 06:27 PM, said:

Well, holy shit!

I didn't expect that....

Of course you didn't expect that... your title says you are an asshat captain... Oh wait, it says assault... never mind I just read it wrong. Hehehe

This is news enough for me. I wish they would tell the forums before the magazines. Oh well.

What else is in the article Kaiser? Is it worth buying the magazine? (I have Game Informer, PC Gamer and Maximum PC so far and I considered them worth the buy)

MrBlackCat

View PostMrBlackCat, on Jan 6 2011, 08:01 PM, said:

Of course you didn't expect that... your title says you are an asshat captain...

Well you're a turrdd. :P

But seriously... I know stuff... :P

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostZor, on Jan 6 2011, 07:02 PM, said:

Well you're a turrdd. :P

But seriously... I know stuff... :P

I hope Duke doesn't throw me... :P:)

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Thanks Kaiserloov! This is definitely credible. :P

View PostMrBlackCat, on Jan 6 2011, 08:07 PM, said:

I hope Duke doesn't throw me... :P:)

MrBlackCat

Not now. You were promoted! :P

Posting to add my values and my joy!
1.Values
2.Joy!!!
3. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 06 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

User is offline   ferran275 

Haven't been on in awhile, saw the Twitter post and almost fell over. I've been busy upgrading, I dumped 600 bucks into my machine for you Duke!!!! you better come soon!!! :P :P :P

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Good news...hopefully.

This still kind of puts DNF in Q2 or Q3 of 2011 though.

User is offline   Raziel 

Late Jan/early Feb does suggest that 2K's Elizabeth going to GBX HQ might have something to do with it :P. Well, lets hope they'll release a demo or trailer soon then - my personal preference, a demo. Like I said previously, if we have a demo, it is something real we can keep and actually play. If the game gets canned yet again, at least a demo is something we can keep.

Since most of us were expecting the entire game to be out early 2011 (Feb 1st for most people), this news is actually a bit disappointing, but at least it looks like they'll be doing something soon... I will say though: if it hits March and we still don't have anything I'm going to start raising some serious questions here. As for their early 2011 estimate, I don't think they're going to be hitting it, which would be just as bad for them as for us. If they release after or at the same time as either Mass Effect 3 or Rage, I think they're going to struggle selling as many copies. Except for hardcore DNF fans such as ourselves, if you ask the average gamer, I think they'd take ME3 over DNF if money was as issue. I would also say DNF is not graphically anything spectacular, it's not bad, but the levels do not have much detail added to them. While I'm fine with that, I have to say, DNF's graphics will look a lot worse once Rage ships, so I can't really see them shipping in September either. It is in their best interest to get the game out in June/July at the latest.

Raz.

This post has been edited by Raziel: 06 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostRaziel, on Jan 6 2011, 08:12 PM, said:

If they release after or at the same time as either Mass Effect 3 or Rage, I think they're going to struggle selling as many copies. Except for hardcore DNF fans such as ourselves, if you ask the average gamer, I think they'd take ME3 over DNF if money was as issue.

Mass Effect 3 isn't coming out until holiday 2011, which I've heard means late 2011.

At any rate, this DNF news looks good. Can't wait to fire it up on my new Sandy Bridge system I'm building soon.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostJeff, on Jan 6 2011, 11:28 PM, said:

Mass Effect 3 isn't coming out until holiday 2011, which I've heard means late 2011.

At any rate, this DNF news looks good. Can't wait to fire it up on my new Sandy Bridge system I'm building soon.

It could mean Easter...

Anyway, this follows through with my math that I added to a thread:

View PostSpirrwell, on Dec 29 2010, 03:46 PM, said:

Yep, no demo, no trailer, it'd be completely stupid to release it February 1, 2011. Limited\No advertising from what I hear is common from Gearbox, but there definitely needs to be at LEAST a 2-3 month separation between the release of the demo and the game, the trailer, that's more on the advertising side, so I'm not sure.

My advice is to do the math. During the past month or so, Gearbox has wound down, gone quiet, but that can be due to a Christmas break of sorts unless I missed something, and Gearbox said that there would be a release before Christmas 2011. Judging by what we've seen now, I would say the game would probably be released somewhere from early November 2011 and earlier. That being the case, there's usually at least a 2-3 month delay between the release of a demo to the release of a game. Judging by what we've seen so far, I'm guessing a release between late April to early November. There's a six month time frame there, it's not exact, but it seems closer to the actual release date than anything else does to me.

Anyone agree, or can someone point out some flaws in my math that I didn't notice?

I'm not disappointed because I did the math.

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

View PostYatta, on Jan 6 2011, 08:10 PM, said:

Thanks Kaiserloov! This is definitely credible. :P

No problem Yatta!
Posted Image

Could the new trailer and release date hit on January 29, 2011 to commemorate the 15 year anniversary of Duke Nukem 3D?

Posted Image

Stay Tuned!

Oh and where's Jobi? Wait a minute....he's busy Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by kaisersoze: 06 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Has there been any news of a collector's edition or should I just preorder the regular version? I thought since this was special, that I might get the collector's edition if there was one.

Lol at the motivational pic! This is GOLD! I will use this as my new avatar! XD

And Kaiser I think you are on to something! January 29 is a Saturday aka weekend, Monday is January 31. I bet they will either have one guy spending some time on his weekend at GBX HQ preparing the ?trailer? for all major gaming websites and Youtube to release, or wait until Monday/Tuesday aka 31/1 when the boys are back at GBX HQ!

Can't wait for end of January! :P

HOLY SHIT! How did I miss this?

Jeez I'm excited and skeptical at the same time, this should have happend months ago.

I think it will work that way:

Randy Pitchford Show will feature a multiplayer beta/demo tour on some events. We'll get more shacky cam stuff, plenty of interviews by Steve & Randy, with the same contents, over and over again. They'll simply repeat it, but showing multiplayer. I doubt they'll release a trailer, a single screenshot or even updating the club contents.

Just my few cents, I think it will happen that way. Still better than nothing, though.

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Jan 7 2011, 01:53 AM, said:

I think it will work that way:

Randy Pitchford Show will feature a multiplayer beta/demo tour on some events. We'll get more shacky cam stuff, plenty of interviews by Steve & Randy, with the same contents, over and over again. They'll simply repeat it, but showing multiplayer. I doubt they'll release a trailer, a single screenshot or even updating the club contents.

Just my few cents, I think it will happen that way. Still better than nothing, though.

I bet that happens :P

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Why is it that this doesn't excite me at all?

Oh, yeah - that's probably why.

When I can buy the game, then I'll care. Until that point, there's no quote, interview, review, video, trailer or even demo that will make a difference to me in the slightest.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

At least it seems like they'll explain why it happens this way judging from Randy's quote there.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I think the biggest problem here was that people were clinging to the thought that they would have a release date February 1, 2011. Nothing can be expected until we hear official word.

User is offline   Jeager1999 

View PostSpirrwell, on Jan 7 2011, 07:20 AM, said:

I think the biggest problem here was that people were clinging to the thought that they would have a release date February 1, 2011. Nothing can be expected until we hear official word.

Thats True. I did have a feeling something was coming around. Thanks to this interview, we have a Time Frame as to when that happens. You never know, it could be tomorrow if we're lucky.

What they need to do to get me super siked up again is take the original '99 trailer, watch it FIFTY times, and cut a trailer that is at that level of epicness, doesn't even need to be better than that, just that level of amazing I felt when I first bought Manhattan Project and was delightfully surprised to find the trailer.

If it's not at that level, I will be disappointed...

User is offline   Kathy 

You watched it 50 times and didn't notice 2001 at the beginning?

View PostLotan, on Jan 7 2011, 09:33 AM, said:

You watched it 50 times and didn't notice 2001 at the beginning?

derp, whatever, I forgot which one I was talking about, but yes, that's the one I meant :P

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Jan 7 2011, 06:16 AM, said:

Why is it that this doesn't excite me at all?

Oh, yeah - that's probably why.

When I can buy the game, then I'll care. Until that point, there's no quote, interview, review, video, trailer or even demo that will make a difference to me in the slightest.

What if there was a trailer that featured loads of naked chicks and gunfire, with massive explosions and Grabbag blasting out of the speakers, and Duke saying something like "coming to stores everywhere: RIGHT NOW!! Buy it or i'll kick your ass" :P along with the release date? Would that create a tiny drop of excitment?

View PostSpirrwell, on Jan 6 2011, 10:06 PM, said:

It could mean Easter...

Anyway, this follows through with my math that I added to a thread:

I'm not disappointed because I did the math.

(If you are not joking) When Developers say a Game will be released on Holiday 2011, they usually are talking about a Christmas release. :P

• Honored Donor

Jobi-I have everything *except* a scanner here so no, there's no way to scan the quote.

I'm beginning to think that May 31st release date is more and more legit.

This post has been edited by kaisersoze: 07 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options