Duke4.net Forums: VG Cats DNF-ish Comic :D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VG Cats DNF-ish Comic :D

User is offline   Jinroh 

Scott Ramsoomair or however you spell his last name put up a new VGCats today and it's DNF related. :3

DNF VGCats.

I think it's amusing as much as the old cliche of those things goes. It also reflects some views of fans on the current state of the game hehe. So it's current at least. :)

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 27 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostJinroh, on Sep 27 2010, 02:53 PM, said:

Scott Ramsoomair or however you spell his last name put up a new VGCats today and it's DNF related. :3

DNF VGCats.

I think it's amusing as much as the old cliche of those things goes. It also reflects some views of fans on the current state of the game hehe. So it's current at least. :)

HAHAHA that was great, I think I found my new Avatar :)

Thanks Jinroh!

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I don't get the sausage thing. Also, at the end is the box supposed to have been empty to signify there's no game?

View PostYatta, on Sep 27 2010, 04:09 PM, said:

I don't get the sausage thing. Also, at the end is the box supposed to have been empty to signify there's no game?

I didn't get the sausage thing either (thought it was a hotdog?) REALLY funny though, I went back and looked at a bunch of them, they're really quite good, a few had me rolling

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostYatta, on Sep 28 2010, 08:09 AM, said:

Also, at the end is the box supposed to have been empty to signify there's no game?

I think that is supposed to be a running cliche with these kinda things, at least what I have seen in the U.S. where if you have a Genie or something grant you a wish, they will trick you and not give you exactly not what you want.

Like this:

You: I wish for Duke Nukem Forever!
Genie: Ok here is Duke Nukem Forever. *DNF Box Appears*
You: Hey, there is nothing in the box. =_=
Genie: Yeah you wished for Duke Nukem Forever, you never said you wanted a Box with the CD with the game burned on it. HAHAHA.

OR

You: Genie, make me a Milkshake.
Genie: Ok, *Genie turns you physically into a milkshake* There you are a now Milkshake. Hahaha.

Haha, I did not get the Hot Dog thing either. Maybe he wanted a Hot Dog, but the magic gave him a Hot Dog person instead? Maybe because it is too big for his mouth?

'Ferran' said:

I went back and looked at a bunch of them, they're really quite good, a few had me rolling

Yeah Scott Ramsoomair does good work hehe. He just does not update very much. I did meet him once at a U.S. convention. He is fun person. :)

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 27 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

AH. I got it...it is a double entandra.
Give me a 6 foot wiener....and he gets a 6 foot wiener...

Didn't realize there was a thread about this, and it looks like Fibbles beat me to the punch. :)

Sorta like the joke about the 16 inch pianist/penis. :)

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostYatta, on Sep 27 2010, 04:09 PM, said:

Both jokes work under the premise of The Monkey's Paw, it's a famous short story that you can find on the Internet, but it's older than the telephone. Seriously fucking ancient.

here: http://gaslight.mtro...ca/mnkyspaw.htm

Basically, the monkey's paw is an artifact that grants you one wish for each of the fingers, but the wishes are never granted exactly as you want (for example, in the original story the father wishes for a large sum of money, soon a representative from his son's employer comes to the house to let him know that his son has been horrifically mangled and mutilated to death by a machine and that the company is giving him compensation for the loss of his son, the exact sum he wished for. They wish the son back to life, he's a zombie, etc...)

It's since been used and abused in stuff like Wishmaster (suck), Bedazzled (AWESOME movie), etc...

So the gray cat wishes for DNF, he gets it but finds out through the Internet about the regen health before he plays it. During his revelation about nostalgia he gets hungry and wishes for a hotdog, and he gets a 6 foot hotdog that's chasing him. Realizing he got fucked over, he decides to check the DNF box, and yep, no game.

So that's the joke, and now that I've explained it it's no longer funny. :)

EDIT: Wow, that WAS a dick joke, not what I thought at all. I need to get my mind back in the gutter. :3

This post has been edited by Pikachu: 28 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

User is offline   Rellik 

Yeah he wished for a 5 foot wiener... :)

I actually knew about the monkey paw thing from Simpsons Treehouse of Horror II

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostRellik, on Sep 28 2010, 10:06 AM, said:

Yeah he wished for a 5 foot wiener... :)

I actually knew about the monkey paw thing from Simpsons Treehouse of Horror II

HAHA yes, I forgot about that one! That was arguably the BEST ToH IMO.

View PostMr.Flibble, on Sep 27 2010, 05:52 PM, said:

AH. I got it...it is a double entandra.
Give me a 6 foot wiener....and he gets a 6 foot wiener...

HAAAAAA

...awesome :)

View PostPikachu, on Sep 28 2010, 12:12 PM, said:

HAHA yes, I forgot about that one! That was arguably the BEST ToH IMO.

if you notice, the caption for the comic is "it comes with a free frogurt!" which is the line used in the Simpsons episode, so its a direct poke at that.

I remember the original short story being scary as shit :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options